Online Toronto Data Analytics Boot Camp
Learn Data Analytics in 24 Weeks
We are committed to preparing our online data analytics learners for success. With the rise of data in today’s economy, our program focuses on teaching learners the practical and technical skills needed to analyze and solve complex data problems through an innovative online learning format.
Our course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our online data analytics course blends the best of online education: engaging content to work through on your own schedule and live, interactive online classes led by expert instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand data skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment.
Why choose our data analytics program?
- You will receive a UofT SCS Certificate of Completion* from our online data analytics program after studying part-time over 24 weeks.
- Projects align with real-world datasets from various industry data fields like Financial Services, Human Resources, Healthcare, and Government.
- You will receive the same level of support as our in-class experience including instructors, assistant instructors, learner success team, free tutor network, and more.
- You will benefit from the support provided by career services during the program and up to three months after program completion.
*Please note that the boot camp is not a School of Continuing Studies certificate program.
You’ll learn from skilled instructors and gain real-world experience by collaborating with your peers on complex projects. Not only that, but you will also build a comprehensive portfolio along the way, giving you the confidence you need to tap into the industry. The data analytics curriculum will dive into the foundational skills for data analytics, including:
Intermediate Excel Functions
- Pivot Tables
- VBA Scripting
- Python 3
- API Interactions
- Extract-Transform-Load (ETL)
Front End Web Visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
- Machine Learning
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Model
Flexible Weekly Content
Each week you will work through the project-based curriculum on your own schedule. Fit the content around your life and work commitments knowing our support system is there if you need it.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Make sure that you’re retaining your new data skills by utilizing additional opportunities to apply your knowledge in real-world settings. Make sure that you’re on pace and progressing through the course as you should be.
Those who complete the online data analytics program can qualify for a number jobs including:
- Looks at large amounts of information to glean data-driven insights using a variety of coding, statistics, and tools.
- Employs advanced skills that include those of data analysts, data engineers, and more! They focus on machine learning and algorithm development for modeling trends and forecasting the future.
- Uses Excel and Powerpoint to create reports around key business questions and develop strategies based on macro trends in the data.
- Designs, installs, tests, and maintains software systems with popular programming languages like Python.
Is this program right for you?
You’re a data professional and want to further your career by gaining a new set of technical skills.
You’re looking to switch careers and aspire to transition into a new field as a data professional.
You’re currently in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line and want to make a bigger impact.
How to Apply
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (Congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
Data Analytics Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Online Data Analytics Program
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational, or personal obligations
- Learn through a blend of scheduled instructor-led online classes two days per week and engaging content and projects to work through on your own schedule
Frequently Asked Questions
No, applicants to UofT SCS Data Analytics Boot Camp do not need to be University of Toronto students. This program is offered through the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies.
No programming experience is required. It is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.