Classes begin quarterly
Explore » Curriculum | Part-Time Model | Support | Career Services | How to Apply | Schedule & Dates | FAQs
Toronto Coding Boot Camp in 12 or 24 Weeks
Part-Time and Full-Time Online Classes
Web development is a high-growth career track, and UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp teaches you the specialized skills to tap into this rewarding industry. Through a fast-paced, immersive curriculum, you’ll learn the skills needed to become proficient in front-end and back-end technologies. Not only will you get real-world project experience that’s immediately applicable to the workforce, successful learners will also receive a certificate of completion* from the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
*Please note that the boot camp is not a School of Continuing Studies certificate program.
Our part-time course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Both the part-time and full-time UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp options offer live, interactive virtual classes led by skilled instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand web development skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is applicable to a professional environment.
The program was extremely well designed. It started off with the basic, and quickly scaled up. I’ve been in the tech industry for a while, but still found a lot of areas where the program helped fill in gaps in my knowledge — some I didn’t even know existed!
-Saumil Bapat, UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp alumni
Market-Driven Full-Stack Curriculum
As you embark on this 12- or 24-week journey, you’ll dive into a rigorous curriculum and learn more than you thought was possible. Learn how to code through immersive classes that teach you full stack programming languages and frameworks:
A high-level, interpreted scripting language found on most of today’s web pages, this is the programming language that brings your site to life.
Defines the structure and layout of a webpage. This language is critical as it dictates a site’s organization.
Defines the style of a webpage and how it is presented to the user. This language is important because it determines fonts, colors, and positions of webpage elements.
A front end framework used to design responsive websites and web apps. This framework is fundamental to achieving good performance.
A database management system used to store and retrieve data. This system is critical for developers as most applications today require a MySQL database to preserve information.
A document-oriented NoSQL database. This database is critical for security and it is trusted to power business-critical applications in over 50 percent of the Fortune 100 companies.
A web application framework for Node.js. This framework play a crucial role in the flow of data between server and routes in server-side applications.
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Get Program Info
Innovative Part-Time Online Model
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest front end and back end technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Engaging Virtual Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. Our online classes are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and assistant instructors.
Receive extensive support from a team dedicated to helping you succeed. This support team consists of instructors, assistant instructors, tutors and learner success and career services teams.
Job Planning Assistance
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to find your dream job after completing the boot camp through a wide range of career services.
Comprehensive Learner Support
When learning to code, it’s important to have help available when you need it. UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp’s part-time and full-time programs offer you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and assistant instructors. Our industry professional instructional staff is there to help you gain the skills you need on your coding journey.
Qualified learners will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Learners receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. Learn how to build your personal brand and stand out in today’s market through:
- Technical and Behavioral Interview Preparation
- Industry Speakers and Events
- Resume, LinkedIn, and Portfolio Development
Learners will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allows learners to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Career Services and Industry Partnerships Support
Achieve your career goals with the help of a career coach and career material advisor, plus a variety of opportunities such as:
- Unlimited feedback on professional materials: The career services team offers unlimited feedback on your professional materials, like your resume and portfolio, to help you become employer-competitive.
- Interview prep and 1:1 career coaching: Discuss your career journey and receive quality coaching strategies and additional resources to help you become employer competitive. You will also have the opportunity to complete in-depth interview practice sessions, where you will be guided through real-world coding challenges and behavioral questions.
- Career and industry events: We offer ongoing behavioral and technical workshops, as well as events such as Demo Days with industry professionals, to help you build a network and stand out in the job market.
- Industry partner connections: Our career services team has an employer partner network of over 250 companies, hiring from across all of our boot camps. Events like the Career Connections career fair help us connect learners to employment opportunities with our partners.
- Job referrals: Work with your dedicated career coach to become employer-ready and eligible for referrals to our employer partners.
Is This Coding Boot Camp Program Right for You?
You’re looking to advance your current career and learn coding skills to open up new opportunities
You’re interested in switching careers and want to become a professional web developer
You want to enhance your coding skills or learn web development to advance in your role
What Our Alumni Say
Paskwa Mutunga enrolled in UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp and found the online flexibility was what she needed as she raised her family and worked full-time. Paskwa took advantage of all the career services offered in the boot camp, and is now the Director of Technology, Analytics, and Projects for a non-profit where she uses her new skills every day.
Andy Durette realized he needed more technical skills to pursue his dream job (full stack developer), and enrolled in UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp. Andy was able to gain the technical skills needed during boot camp and, with the help of the career services team, he was able to land a job as a full stack developer.
“I chose to take the coding boot camp to refresh my technical knowledge after a 10 year career break. So much had changed in 10 years and I wasn’t sure where to begin. The boot camp increased my breadth of knowledge across technical topics and I am working on my own to bring my former subjects/languages up to the current version. The boot camp was the fastest way to learn these new topics and it was great to be able to ask the instructors and TAs about the current state of the tech industry in Toronto. I also chose this boot camp over others because of the career support provided after the boot camp (e.g. reviewing my resume, LinkedIn, and portfolio).”
-Ruth Lee, UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp alumni
How to Apply to the Coding Boot Camp
1. Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
2. Interview and Application. An advisor will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
3. Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
4. Enrollment. Once you are accepted into the program, you will determine which financial option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrollment agreement and paying your deposit.
Toronto’s Booming Job Market for Web Developers
In today’s digital world, code transports our text messages, FaceTime calls, image transfers, email threads, and more. The average person spends 3 hours and 15 minutes a day on their phone and that’s primarily due to the more than 20 million software developers around the world. However, that means only about 3% of the population can write code at a professional level.
There’s never been a better time to join the programming field. Last year, web developers came in at #5 of Canada’s most in-demand jobs with an average salary of $62,522. While 57% of Canadian developers work in science and tech, about a quarter work in the arts and culture, finance and real estate, and retail.
According to CBRE’s 2021 Scoring Tech Talent report, Toronto added 81,200 jobs over the past five years, representing nearly 43 percent growth, and has produced 26,338 tech degrees. With a tech talent pool of over 270,000, it ranks third overall next to San Francisco Bay and New York. — a major indicator that Toronto is becoming a leading destination for employers seeking skillful candidates.
With both freelancing and corporate opportunities available, these professionals are committed to the lifelong learning of new languages and tools. Participants at the UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp who successfully complete the program are qualified to apply for several different roles in the field including full stack developer, product manager, QA and test engineer, web designer, software developer, and more.
In Canada, new job openings for software engineers and designers are expected to total 27,500 due to market and replacement demand, while 24,000 new job seekers are expected to be available to fill them until 2028. With new and emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, 3D printing and blockchain making more of a presence in the field, the demand for developers continues to be on the rise in the years to come.
Boot Camp Schedule and Dates
Part-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 24-week online program
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects and assignments
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
Full-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 12-week program with fully live online sessions in a virtual classroom environment
- Launch your career sooner by studying full-time and completing the program at an accelerated pace
- Attend live, instructor-led classes online Monday – Friday, 10 a.m – 2:30 p.m.
- Dedicate 20 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 25+ hours outside of class on projects and homework assignments
- Part-Time July 3, 2023
- Full-Time July 31, 2023
- Part-Time August 14, 2023
- Part-Time July 17, 2023
- Part-Time June 20, 2023
- Part-Time August 14, 2023
- Part-Time August 14, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Our coding boot camp in Toronto is being held online. Call us at (647) 370-3829 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
No, applicants to UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp do not need to be University of Toronto students. This program is offered through the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies.
While some background in coding is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
Contact an admissions officer at (647) 370-3829 or fill out the form below if you’re ready to learn more about UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp.